The Friend of the Foundation Project is Wigan Warriors Community Foundation’s business and community engagement programme, designed to bring business and community together through the life-changing impact of sport.
The Friend of the Foundation Project provides new and innovative opportunities for local and national business to access Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Continued Professional Development (CPD) for groups of staff or longer term interventions for High Value Potential individuals.
There are five core elements to The Friend of the Foundation Project:
1. Partnerships that make a difference. Supporting Wigan Warriors Community Foundation to deliver meaningful and challenging activities, embracing the power of sport to change lives.
- Volunteer on one or more of our award-winning programmes (including Matchday). Working with a wide and diverse range of WWCF staff and programme participants - both young and old
- Adopt us as your chosen charity of the year and help us grow and develop our work
- Fundraise for WWCF through our own annual fun run event - The Wigan and Leigh 5K Bubble Run; through running events such as the Wigan 10k, Half Marathon or London Marathon or through an event of your own with our significant support
- Support of one our life-changing programmes - either financially or through volunteering
- Supporting Wigan Warriors Community Foundations Annual Fundraising Dinner.
- Commercial rights of the Wigan and Leigh 5K Bubble Run, primary funding event for the WWCF.
2. Engaging your staff and developing your high potential talent - helping people grow and excel in the workplace
- Engaging and involving in our broad range of programmes, direct personal experience of something real and special. Creating opportunities for staff to connect with their colleagues, managers and the wider organisation in a environment outside of normal working practice
- Engaging your employees through our Workplace Wellness programme, happy workplaces are more productive, engaged, creative and healthy.
- Helping you to create an environment where employees are motivated, valued and empowered to deliver great customer service
- Helping your top talent develop to stretch their social and communication skills and improve their emotional intelligence through meaningful engagement with our broad and diverse range of programmes.
3. Supporting your recruitment/attraction strategy - helping you attract better customers, investors and top talent
- Working with Wigan Warriors Community Foundation to deliver our charitable outcomes can enhance your reputation as a business and support a positive image within the local community and the wider population
- Benefit from offering employment, education and training opportunities for carefully matched Wigan Warriors professional players in your workplace. Either short-term placements through periods of injury rehabilitation or longer-term transitioning from professional sport to the ‘world of work’
4. Health & Well-Being
- Direct association with a significant national sports organisation.
- Workplace Wellness, raising the awareness and importance of health and lifestyle matters, helping your staff live life well, happy and healthy
- Introduction of Cycle to work scheme and other health and well-being initiatives
- Participate in active fundraising/volunteering opportunities.
5. The opportunity to align and theme your CSR and CPD strategies with the single-minded goal of Wigan Warriors Community Foundation and Wigan Warriors - to inspire sport in Wigan and Beyond.
- Wigan Warriors Community Foundation promotes access to grassroots and professional sport across all age and capability ranges.
If you’re interested in adopting Wigan Warriors Community Foundation as your nominated charity, would like to create a partnership, or just find out more about Wigan Warriors Community Foundation, please contact Mike Wearden at firstname.lastname@example.org